The 2015 Microsoft Office Specialist U.S. National Championship was a huge success! Over 470,000 exam entries were submitted. Eighty-four students came to Orlando, FL to compete, nearly doubling the amount of participation from last year. Additionally, 21 states were represented this year, significantly increased from 2014. These students participated in timed exams to demonstrate their expertise in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel. Certiport announced six students that were named best in the United States.
The 2015 Microsoft Office Specialist U.S. National Champions are:
- Microsoft Word® 2013: Michelle Wu, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Microsoft Excel® 2013: Joseph Halikos, Shelby Township, Michigan
- Microsoft PowerPoint® 2013: Andrew Parker, Goddard, Kansas
- Microsoft Word® 2010: Ryan Catalfu, Cary, North Carolina
- Microsoft Excel® 2010: Ian Sexton, Fort Myers, Florida
- Microsoft PowerPoint® 2010: Samuel J. Li, Sanford, Florida
As winners, the six U.S. National Champions have won an all-expense-paid trip to Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship in August in Dallas, Texas. There they will represent the United States and complete with students from more than 30 countries for the title of being Microsoft Office Specialist World Champions. Good Luck at the World Championship!
For more information about the MOS U.S. National Championship, visit www.MOSChampionship.com/US.