What is a Microsoft IT Academy?
An IT Academy is a College and Career ready Education Program. It is designed for all academic institutions that want to educate their students on technology and have the skills needed to get certifications. These certifications provide the student with proof that they have understood and mastered the skills that are fundamental for a career in technology. It also provides educators with great professional development opportunities.
What are the benefits of your school becoming an IT Academy?
There are 5 distinct benefits to becoming an IT Academy.
- Save educators time through curriculum with e-Learning, lesson plans, test banks and digital literacy
- Lower institution costs through resources for every student, faculty and staff
- Provide professional development opportunities that include Microsoft Office Specialist and Microsoft Technical Associate exam starter kit
- Validate skills through certification
- Benefit from a partnership with Microsoft by having access to best practices, training and a member website
Why would Certiport suggest your school become an IT Academy?
Microsoft is a key partner for Certiport. Together we are able to provide schools with a complete solution that prepares students for a career. Training is great on its own. Certification is valuable even without training. But when you put the two together, they develop and validate a knowledge that shows both aptitude and desire. When you become an IT Academy, we at Certiport know that your students and teachers will want the full package that includes an industry acknowledged certification.
Microsoft feels that certification is such an important part of the IT Academy program, that part of the ITA benefits includes a teacher certification starter kit. The starter kit includes 10 Microsoft Office Specialist exams and 20 Microsoft Technical Associate exams.
How can you find out if your school is an IT Academy?
The best way to find out if your school is already an IT Academy is to go the Microsoft IT Academy website and search based on your location.